It’s still a little while to go until the street date for You and I on DVD (which is slated for January 31st, 2012), but for those of us who can’t wait to see Mischa, You and I is currently available as a digital rental on both the Amazon Instant Video and iTunes streaming services. The price for the movie begins at $3.99 for SD and moves up to $4.99 for HD.
Here is the latest trailer for Mischa’s upcoming DVD release of You and I. Unlike all the previous trailers we’ve seen, this is a brand new edit with a completely different focus and tone. It seems directed a lot more at an American market as they’ve stripped back all the campyness of the previous versions. This one is a lot more grounded and focused on the darker elements of the plot. Big thanks to TwilightPrincess for the tip!
I’ve been a hater towards this movie since the beginning because every piece of promotional material we received over the years seemed very not-Mischa. This trailer can at least make me see why Mischa would have been attracted to the script in the first place.
You and I is available for pre-order via Amazon with a street date set for January 31st, 2012.
Here is the Lionsgate cut (very similar to a previous version of the trailer, aside from the ending) of the trailer for Mischa’s upcoming DVD release of You and I. The movie is due in the US on January 31st, 2012. You can pre-order the movie via Amazon. Shantel VanSanten and Anton Yelchin also star.
The DVD was originally due to drop in Australia on January 5th, 2012 but was later pushed to January 18th. It has recently been pushed again with a new release date set for March 7th, 2012.
Amazon.com is now taking pre-orders for Mischa’s movie You and I due for release in the United States on January 31st. The film also stars Shantel VanSanten and Anton Yelchin.
I can’t bring myself to even post the cover art (so click the above link to see it). I’ve already had a little rant on Twitter, but I’ll repeat myself here too. It is literally the most disgusting and embarrassing artwork for a movie I’ve ever seen in my life. Whoever is responsible for this piece of shit needs to be fired immediately and never work for any DVD artwork company EVER again. We’ve all seen horrendous photoshop work, but this thing takes the cake. All three of the actors had their heads pasted on the bodies of completely different people. Not only is the result entirely abhorrent, but it is completely unrelated to the look of the characters in the movie. Ridiculous!
Excuse the rant, and maybe you’ll feel I’m overreacting to the max, but it’s a joke. A real life joke and a mess.
A new trailer for You and I co-starring Shantel VanSanten and Anton Yelchin has been added to YouTube via the previously mentioned sales company, Eleven Arts, Inc. We unfortunately still don’t have solid release news (other than Russia, where it’s already available on DVD following a soft theatrical run). Australia was on the cards to be the first English territory with a January 5th release date, but the title has since been removed with no new date. Thanks to TwilightPrincess for the tip!
Despite its world premiere launch in Moscow, You and I failed to garner any significant attention at the Russian box office over its opening weekend. The film came in 7th position accumulating an opening gross of $411,263 or an average of just $827 per screen.
This wouldn’t be so bad if the movie was made on a smaller budget, but reports for the production costs of the film vary from $12 million all the way up to $20 million. It seems the film will need to rely on international sales to pick-up some steam and hopefully its second outing in Russia won’t see significant drops.
You and I stars Mischa Barton in the role of Lana Starkova opposite Shantel VanSanten and Anton Yelchin. The film was directed by Roland Joffe with appearances by Russian girl-group t.A.T.u.
As an aside, Russian media is reporting that You and I has found a US distributior and that the film should be launched by mid-Spring. It’s unclear if they are planning a theatrical release or a straight-to-DVD roll out.
Box office numbers courtesy Kinometro.
Here is another new Russian trailer for Mischa’s upcoming film “You and I.” Due to open in Russia early February. Thanks to max654 for the tip!
Added some extra promo stills from Mischa’s upcoming You and I.
Nothing specific to post about today but here are a couple of random things floating around in the media currently:
- First up, Mischa’s blog has been updated with a few different things including the smackdown of a rumour from InTouch Magazine.
- Rumours are circulating that Mischa has been approached for a guest-starring role on Ugly Betty. The rumour initially started with Star magazine so don’t put too much stock in this.
- Mischa’s nude scene in Closing the Ring has been named the Best Nude Scene of the Year by MrSkin.com. This news was actually published in nearly all of Australia’s leading newspapers earlier this week and as a result, Australia’s biggest online DVD retailer has now sold out of Closing the Ring! Evidently sex really does sell.
- Shantel VanSanten (Mischa’s co-star in You and I) was briefly interviewed recently and had this to say about Mischa: “Working with Mischa Barton was a pleasure. We both gained so much from working one another. As far as the content of the movie goes our characters ARE two girls who fall in love with each other and become romantically involved.” For the full interview, click here.
- Finally, it looks like Mischa’s low-budget pshychological thriller Walled In is heading straight to DVD. Fangoria Online has the street date set for February 24th, 2009. Thanks to Marie for this tip. On a personal note, I wish Mischa would work on some studio movies as all these independent films keep getting shelved.